Wednesday 16 January 2008

Something about CCYA

I never write as much as I should about work on this site… so I’m going to make a conscious effort to from now on!

However, my writing isn’t up to much, and this lovely lady from VSO does it for a living so I thought why not just post a link to this… it’s a story about the work of CCYA: http://www.vsointernational.org/what-we-do/casestudies/abass_koroma.asp

I will attempt to write more about work soon. I’m working on some funding proposals and a big piece of research and I do a sideline in designing labels for bottles of honey and to be honest anything else that needs doing… I’m busy and enjoying myself. At the end of next week I’ll be travelling up country to Makeni to spend a week working at our extension office there. I’m going to be visiting some communities up there, hopefully including Abass, who is featured in the article above.

I’ve also had a few people travelling from the UK recently who’ve bought me wonderful gifts such as raisins, newspapers and chocolate (and a toilet brush, thanks Krystle!) and a couple of packages with shoes and clothes from home (thanks mum and dad!). The packages and letters that I know people have sent in the post have not yet arrived, but I live in hope…

No comments: