Tuesday 30 October 2007

Record Breaker

OK, so I'm not that great at posting this blog stuff... but i'm sure I'll get better! It's been a mad, mad week since I last wrote on here... so here goes...
I started work at CCYA last wednesday and it's such an awesome place to work I love it! The staff there have made me feel so welcome and are really helping to settle in and we have so much fun. Everyone there is pretty young and there is a great atmosphere in the office, they're all very committed and passionate about what they do and it's pretty inspiring really. And, because obviously I love to be busy, the fact there is plenty of work for me to get stuck into is a real bonus. We're going away to a small place in the North of Sierra Leone called Port Loko on Friday and doing 2 days there to work on the strategic plan for the organisation and from there I will start planning the research. I can't wait to see a bit more of the country.

Also this week, I took part in a world record breaking peformance of the Michael Jackson Thriller dance. Yes, you can stop laughing (esp you Ms Moore) I dressed up as a zombie on Saturday night and danced in a group on the stage at Paddy's which is our local nightclub. and i really enjoyed it! as soon as there are photos i will post a link! The funniest part of the night is that at the end of the dance everyone does the obligatory zombie pose, however, my friend Valentine got a bit carried away and actually bit me rather than pretending so i now have a nice bite shaped bruise on my side. I've not turned into a zombie yet and he's not turned ginger so I think we've both escaped unscathed though!

So, yea, still getting on fine here, much more used to the heat and drinking about 4 litres of water a day much to the amusement of my colleagues who seem to only need about half a litre! I'm rubbish so I still have no photos but will do soon... probably!

Thanks everyone who's been emailing and messaging me. Internet is slow here so replying can be hard but it's lush to get emails so keep sending them and i'll try to get better at replying!

No comments: